Thursday, July 2

Hall of Presidents: A Celebration of Liberty’s Leaders

Barak Obama, Hall of Presidents
Magic Kingdom, Disney World 2009

Disney imagineers have been hard at work, re-imagining the classic Hall of Presidents. I will admit that it has been years since I have seen it, but I am looking forward to seeing the new changes. They have updated the theater, sound system, animictroic figures and most importantly the film.

George Washington will speak for the first time, and Lincoln will recite the Gettysburg address. And following tradition of the sitting president's voice being heard, Obama will recite the oath of office and say a few words about the American dream. Of course, all 44 presidents will be on stage and be featured in the famous roll call.

The show isn't officially open yet, but all the reports I have seen coming out of the previews have been favorable. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, and not just to see the new president. I'm happy to hear that the focus of the show has shifted from the civil war to the office of the president. Its a unique position that has evolved a lot over time. I'm glad that story is finally being told in a great display of edutainment that mixes pageantry and robots in a way that is truly kitchtastic.

Hat tip to wdwmagic.com


No comments: