Wednesday, September 2

Not Musings on Fall

I really am trying not to rejoice that Fall is here. Its not. We still have another 21 days until we can cross the first day of Fall off our calenders. It isn't even time to stop wearing white. Still, as I have walked Gryffindor the past two mornings and felt that slight chill in the air, I can't help but get excited.

I'm not a gardener. I don't have a yard and even if I did I can't pretend that I would spend much time in it. So I feel the change in seasons not in what I plant, but in temperature. That's hard to do in Houston. We have hot summers and mild winters. The differences between the temperatures of spring and fall are negligible and usually only last a week or two. Yesterday's high was 91. A cool front.

One of the best things I have done for my soul has been to turn up my A/C and turn down my heater. When I spend all day in a 75 degree climate controlled room its hard to remember that life is happening outside. So even though its not yet fall. I celebrate. I celebrate that I have turned the ceiling fan in my living room off. I celebrate that I have moved my couch back. I celebrate that I have opened up my windows. Its not Fall, but I can feel it coming.

1 comment:

Iota said...

75 degrees? Oooh, chilly! We have ours at 79, or 78 at the lowest!