Tuesday, March 3

The end is here.

Food Waste Reduction Challenge - February 2009 Can I just say that February is a really short month?
Still, in that short time I think I have learned a lot from this challenge. It was harder than I thought it would be and I did over my left overs fear.

Still, this week saw the death of a half a cup of lettuce that I cut up on Monday for a salad, didn't eat that night and ended up never using. Also 1/4 a cup of milk that we didn't use before it expired. Oh, and some pesto sauce that I made to go on our pasta one night. I am really sad about this because it was really good and when I made it I had to use 1/4 cup of olive oil... that stuff isn't cheap. Anyway, when I was doing the dishes that night I left the sauce pan for last since I meant to put the rest of the sauce in a container for freezing. But... I walked out of the kitchen and completely forgot that it was there. So when I found it in the morning... it didn't look like it could be salvaged.

That was it. My month in not wasting food. I think we did alright. I not only eat left over side dishes now, I actually plan menus around them. I will definitely keep this one going into the future.

No comments: