Thursday, January 14

IMPORTANT INFO: I just learned this morning that you can donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting the word ‘Haiti’ to 90999. For full information on how you can get donations to the Red Cross to help those in Haiti who were devastated by the earthquake click here.

The rest of this post is a mini photo easy. One of my favorite shows to see when we go to Disney's Animal Kingdom is The Festival of the Lion King. Its one of those shows that gets you all pumped up and leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. On our last trip my mom's knee was acting up and she was using an EVC to get around. SCORE!!! Front row seats! Since I have seen this show a million times, I spent most of the time taking pictures. One of my number one tips to people about how I get great photos... take a lot of pictures and maybe one of them will come out. Here are the six good shots out of the 70 that I took during the 30 minute show.










2 comments:

choral_composer said...

Thanks for the pics Katy. I saw this show last week when I was in Animal Kingdom and to be honest it felt 'flat' to me. It seemed that the performers knew that the music was familiar and popular with the audience and sothey didn't need to work at it to make the show a sucsess. Coupling that with the fact that 2 of the main singers had pitch problems meant I came away dissatisfied.
I saw this show just after seeing 'Finding Nemo' the 30 minute musical. The music itself wasn't as good as that in the 'Festival of the lion King', but in my mind the quality and inventiveness of the performances was so much higher that I enjoyed it more.

Katy said...

Really? Last time I saw the Nemo Musical (in 2008) the whole thing seemed very *meh* to me. And don't get me started on the music. We skipped it on the last trip. I will admit that I think the way they use puppets in the show is very cool. Its just not something I want to see year after year.

To me the costumes and the sing-a-long part makes FOTLK one of the few live shows at Disney that I'm up for seeing almost every time we go.