Monday, August 8

Dream House

Photo by Alex, 2011

I love this house. I love the size, the shape, the red door. I love the way it sits at the end of a long dirt drive way. I love the trees, the monstrous yard. I love that this looks like a cottage in the woods, when really its located in the middle of the city.

This house, my dream house was recently sold. I am now hoping against hope that they owners love this house the way I do. That they will live in this house and make it a home. But I'm afraid that like so many other houses in our city the owners look at this lot and see just that... a lot with land on which to build a McMansion. 

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Oh I hope it's not going to turn into a McMansion! It's so cute just as it is.

Jo said...

You know what? That is my dream house too ~~ a cottage in the woods. It is beautiful. It reminds me a bit of the house where I grew up. My parents cleared the forest, and left most of the old growth trees, and built a house on the land. I loved it there.

Single and Sane said...

Oh, I hope they love the house, too. Such a wonderful spot. But if the worst happens, at least there's the land to support a big house. We have way too many McMansions in Tulsa on quarter-acre lots. Just makes 'em look that much bigger.