Saturday, October 20

Overheard



Last week I was sitting in my local Starbucks, studying. This song came on the radio. My heart swooned. It's just that kind of song. 

That night there were two young women who were working the coffee bar. This song came on the radio. This conversation followed:
I don't like this song.
Me either.
What's it even suppose to be about?
Yeah, no kidding. 

That night there was a middle aged gentleman who was buying a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper on his iPad. This song came on the radio. This conversation followed. He looked up and made this simple reply:
This song is about love. 
The redemptive power of love.

Last week I was setting in my local Starbucks, studying. This song came on the radio. My hear swooned. This conversation followed. A simple reply was made. It's just that kind of song. 

3 comments:

Single and Sane said...

"What's it even suppose to be about?" Hysterical. Love the song now but I suppose there was a time when I was that young and clueless, too. ;-)

Thanks for sharing the song and the conversation.

The Bug said...

Oh I LOVE this song! I read this post at work & sent myself an email to watch the video at home (since work is annoying & won't let me), and I JUST NOW remembered to go back & watch.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.