Friday, August 26

school has started

School has started for both me and Alex. I wish I could say that the business of it all has kept me from posting, but it something way worse. My computer is dead. I used to brag on my Dell Notebook. I bought it wne I xtarted undergrade and it's been like the little engine that could ever since.... until it wasn't. I'm going to get a new one this weekend. I suppose a new computer every ten years isn't so bad.

Of course Alex wanted me to get a Mac until I pointd out that I could possibly get to PCs for the price of one Mac. Not that I'm geting two.... I was just pointing that out.

Still tonight we are off to the mall. Alex has been asking to be dropped off at the mall with a friend of hers. I don't think we are quite at that level yet. I'm just going to let them go to the Apple store by themseleves while I'll be at the Apple store looking at laptops and tring to figure out what all the fuss is about. Yes, we will be in the same store. No, we will not be together. No, it's not what Alex had in mind. And just for the record - I'm the meanest mom in America. Don't beliveme? Just asm Alex. She totally back me up on that one.

4 comments:

Lori Anderson said...

It's nice to know that I have competition in the meanest mom contest. Congrats on starting your school too. Cheers for new beginnings!

Single and Sane said...

It's a mother's job to torment her children in public places. Well done.

The Bug said...

Ooh - I want to hear all about the new computer!

Just keep repeating to yourself: mean = loving!

Allysa from Harry Potter Books said...

That's very true that MACs are somehow overpriced.